“Discipline” is a NATO-approved sphere of knowledge and skills which supports existing and evolving capabilities. The list of disciplines is developed by the NATO HQ Supreme Allied Command Transformation (SACT) to focus education and training efforts on achieving NATO operational requirements in the respective fields.
The Centre, as the DH supports the HQ SACT’s responsibility for translating NATO E&T requirements into solutions for individual and collective training. In other words, the Military Policing (MPG) DH coordinates existing courses and other educational solutions or supports creation of the new ones in order to meet NATO requirements. At the same time, the NATO MP COE is looking for collective training and exercise opportunities in order to ensure that MP personnel, working for NATO could exercise their skills and functions.
Moreover, the NATO MP COE is accountable for conducting the Annual Discipline Conference (ADC), i.e. a multinational forum of different E&T facilities, providing training for MP within NATO.
The aim of the Military Policing Annual Discipline Conference 2019 (MPGADC19) is to annually review and update the NATO education and individual training (E&IT) requirements in the MPG discipline and to validate or revise education and training (E&T) solutions.
The ADC 2019 is open for:
• Institutions providing education, training, exercises and evaluation for NATO military police/gendarmerie;
• Representatives of (inter)national institutions which offer military police-related and police-related courses and exercises;
• Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from MP and gendarmerie community of interest (COI) and representatives from national MP training providers;
• Military Policing discipline Requirement Authority (RA) and Headquarters Supreme Allied Commander Transformation Joint Force Development (HQ SACT JFD) representatives;
• Representatives of national and (inter)national organizations interested in contribution to training solutions for the NATO MP COI;
• Representatives of other NATO disciplines, who see the need to cooperate with Military Police.
The NATO MP COE is looking for a wide spectrum of event participants.
ADC 2019 Objectives:
• To brief and update participants on current and important developments as well as ongoing topics related to MPG discipline E&IT, and to discuss developments in Collective Training and Exercises;
• To strengthen functional relations among MPG discipline training institutions, HQ SACT JFD, RA and Department Head (DH), as well as to discuss options to synchronize efforts and share resources;
• To provide a forum for the Military Police COI to identify and express individual and collective training needs in the NATO and non-NATO environment;
• To provide a forum in order to coordinate the MPG instructors/SMEs’ support to Military Police education, training, exercises and evaluation;
• To coordinate and support processes of Quality Assurance (QA) and Accreditation in E&T institutions and facilities providing training for the NATO MPG discipline.
In case of any additional questions please ask the Military Policing Department Head executive officer:
branch box: firstname.lastname@example.org